**NEW FEATURE** ~ Analyst of the Month
Each month, MACIA will feature an analyst throughout the state for us to all get to know better.
March Analyst: Angela Backer-Hines, Eagan PD
- Employed with Eagan PD since 2014
- Hometown is Bloomington
- Lives in Bayport with her husband Jeff, son Michael, and dog Chicchai
- BA in Criminal Justice and Forensic Science from Hamline University and MS in Criminal Justice – Criminal Behavior from Tiffin University
- Certified Law Enforcement Analyst with IACA, Criminal Intelligence Certified Analyst with IALEIA, Certified Criminal Intelligence Analyst with Alpha Group/California DOJ
- Analyst since 2004 – Past work history includes Robbinsdale PD, Burnsville PD, Ramsey County SO, MN Gang and Drug Task Forces, BCA and MN Fusion Center
- MACIA Treasurer/Board Member since 2009, and Training Coordinator & Instructor for IACA since 2013
- Hobbies include reading, cooking/baking, watching movies, home remodeling projects, painting, going to the lake (when it is nice out) and watching hockey (when it’s not nice out – ha)
- Random –
- Could probably live off bread and cheese if it wasn’t so unhealthy…
- Being away from home for four weeks with USSS in Alabama for forensic training (while pregnant) was one of the most challenging experiences to date
- Hopes to move to Ireland someday (Johnstown Castle photo from her trip in 2013 and the Kilbeggan Distillery – best little town ever)
- Favorite movies and horror films and musicals, and yes sometimes they are watched back to back
- Favorite band is Bon Jovi – but she will always change the radio station if they play Livin’ on a Prayer
February Analyst: Luther Krueger, Minneapolis PD
Crime Prevention Analyst: 2007- Present; Crime Prevention Speciailist: 1995-2007
- Resident of MN since 1974, of Minneapolis since 1980. Lyndale Neighborhood (SW Mpls) resident since 1987.
- BA in English and Theatre Arts, U of M 1985
- Master of Public and Nonprofit Administration (MPNA), Metropolitan State University, 2005
- Prior to joining MPD: Managed a bookstore in S. Mpls 1980-1989. Temped for 2 yrs before getting hired by IDS Life Insurance in 1991. Left IDS in 1994 to be the Community Organizer for the Lyndale Neighborhood Association.
- Volunteered with Lyndale’s crime prevention committee in 1992, which led to applying to MPD as a CPS and getting hired in 1995.
- Moonlighting: Teaches occasional courses at Metropolitan State University in the MPNA degree program. Next course: Capstone for the MPNA, Spring Semester 2019.
- Writing: Occasional columnist for the Southwest Journal (Minneapolis) and book reviews for the Journal of Urban affairs since mid-2000’s. Wrote plays at the U of M in the 1980’s.
- Pastimes: Alley murals for the neighborhood, collecting and using solar cookers.
- Most seriously in-over-my-head experience: Presenting Minneapolis Crime Prevention strategies to a subcommittee of the Kazakhstan Parliament, in the capital Astana, 2009.
- Most seriously fun off-the-map experience: Presenting the same info to Jamaican Constables in Kingston, 2006 🙂
- Pathetic highlight of my life: Threw out first pitch for a Twins game, week of National Night Out, 1996: